Current Visitor Information
The safe safari adventure: With distance we stay healthy together!
Together we want to enjoy leisure fun again and protect each other in the process. You, your family, other guests, our staff and of course our animals want to stay healthy – together we can do it!
To keep the risk of infection as low as possible, the general restrictions and hygiene rules also apply here. We ask you to read the following instructions carefully before your visit and to follow them conscientiously.
Please note that due to the dynamic situation, changes are possible on a daily basis (even at short notice on site).
Do I have to register or log in?
We need to register current and correct data of all visitors and store it for a limited period of time to enable the authorities to trace contacts in case of emergency. We offer you three different options for this:
- Digital check-in with the Corona warning app of the German federal government
- Digital check-in with the Luca app
- Check-in with a printed contact sheet
We recommend using one of the two apps, as you can check in quickly and securely (all data is encrypted) at the cash desks, in the lodges or in our restaurant. If you don’t have a smartphone, you can still use the contact form. You can download the contact form here and fill it out at home. This will save you time at the ticket office.
Please have an ID ready for a possible check of the data. Download contact form
What should be considered when buying tickets?
To minimise the risk of infection, we ask you to buy your tickets online only, if possible, and to show the printout with the barcodes at the ticket office on the day of your visit. You also save one euro per ticket if you buy it online!
If you don’t have the technical facilities to buy tickets online, we ask you to use contactless payment (EC, Master, Visa card or ApplePay) at the box office if possible.
Since the full park opening on May 11, 2021, the regular admission prices apply again. If you already purchased a reduced admission ticket, it does not expire! You can simply pay the difference to the regular price directly on site.
What are the rules in the Serengeti Safari?
- Passage is possible with your own car or our double-decker buses
- Safari-Specials can be booked again
- All windows, doors, sunroofs etc must remain closed!
- Feeding or touching the animals is prohibited! (No one can say for sure if and how the virus is transmitted to animals and what effects this may have).
What are the rules in the Jungle Safari?
- The accessible animal enclosures remain closed. The animals can currently only be observed from the outside.
- Please do not touch the animals through the fence: No one can say for sure if and how the virus is transmitted to animals and what effects this may have.
- There will be no show feedings.
Restaurants and bistros
We have reopened the indoor areas of our restaurants and bistros. You simply need to register again separately on site so that we can provide contact tracing to the authorities if necessary.
Where should masks be worn?
- Masks are compulsory in all enclosed areas (toilets, information, etc)!
- Inside the restaurant and bistros when entering and leaving
- Inside the show tents when entering and leaving the tent
- In the Serengeti buses, Safari-Jeeps as well as all Safari-Specials and VIP-Tours
- At the jungle safari tour
- In the souvenir shop
- In the waiting zones of the rides
- Inside the indoor roller coaster Safari-Blitz
- On the Aqua-Safari-, Splash-Safari-, Black Mamba-boats
- Inside the Big-Foot-Safari, Quad-Safari
- Everywhere where it is specially signposted
We generally recommend wearing a mask, even if it is not required by law.
Which mask do I need?
- According to the extended mask obligation, medical masks (surgical masks, KN/95, N95, FFP2) must be worn!
- For children from 6 to 14 years of age, so-called everyday masks are sufficient.
- According to § 9 paragraph 4 of the Lower Saxony regulation on infection-protective measures against the spread of the corona virus, children up to the age of 6 years are exempt from the mask obligation.
General hygiene rules
- Please keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres from people who do not belong to your household or the permitted group.
- Please cough and sneeze only into the crook of your arm – not into your hands or freely into the air.
- Please wash your hands (and those of your children!) regularly.
Obligation to test on arrival at the lodges!
For all persons aged 15 years and over who want to stay with us, the obligation to test on arrival still applies! Please remember to present a negative test (PCR or PoC antigen) on arrival, which is not older than 24 hours. The negative test result must be shown in writing at check-in! Alternatively, proof of complete vaccination protection or recovery no longer than six months ago is also possible.
Please note that there is no corona testing station on site in the park. We recommend getting tested in your home town before departure. There are usually free testing facilities available there. Alternatively, there is a test centre in Hodenhagen, you can find all the information here: Johanniter Testzentrum Hodenhagen.
Changes or cancellations can be made free of charge up to 15 days before departure. After that, you can change your booking once without additional costs if your arrival is not possible at short notice due to the Corona pandemic. In this case, please contact us by email as soon as possible. We will then contact you to find a new date for your holiday with us.
If you have any questions regarding the booking or existing reservations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high number of inquiries, there may be delays in processing. We ask for your understanding.
If you still have special questions, we are at your disposal under email@example.com or +49 5164 97 990! Please understand that there may be delays in processing your enquiries at present.
This information may change at any time. Status July 1st, 2021