Current Visitor Information
The safe safari adventure: With distance we stay healthy together!
Together we want to enjoy leisure fun again and protect each other in the process. You, your family, other guests, our staff and of course our animals want to stay healthy – together we can do it!
To keep the risk of infection as low as possible, the general restrictions and hygiene rules also apply here. We ask you to read the following instructions carefully before your visit and to follow them conscientiously.
Please note that due to the dynamic situation, changes are possible on a daily basis (even at short notice on site).
Partial opening with reduced prices
As long as we can only open parts of the park, reduced admission prices will of course apply.
- Partial opening** Adults € 25.50 / Online Ticket € 24.50
- Partial opening** Children* 20,50 € / Online-Ticket 19,50 €
- Afternoon ticket** Partial opening valid daily from 13:30 for adults € 19.50 / online ticket € 18.50
- Afternoon ticket** Partial opening valid daily from 13:30 for children € 14.50 / online ticket € 13.50
Do I have to register or log in?
We need to register current and correct visitor data and store it for a limited period of time to allow the authorities to trace contacts in case of emergency. You must provide your current address in the online ticket purchase process. Please have your ID ready at the cash desk in the park to check the data! If you do not buy an online ticket, you will have to fill in a contact form on site! Please have your ID ready to check your data.
Which areas of the park are open?
- The Serengeti Safari (animal park) to drive through in your own car or in a double-decker bus.
- The Jungle Safari, where monkeys and other animals can be seen.
- The jungle safari tour in an open jeep (masks compulsory!)
- The playgrounds (Attention: Children must be under adult supervision!)
- The Jurassic Safari (footpath)
- The souvenir shop
- The Ice Age Safari (footpath)
- The Future Animals (footpath)
- Petting Zoo
Both areas are currently still subject to strict regulations or restrictions.
What should be considered when buying tickets?
To minimise the risk of infection, we ask you to buy your tickets online only, if possible, and to show the printout with the barcodes at the ticket office on the day of your visit. You also save one euro per ticket if you buy it online!
If you don’t have the technical facilities to buy tickets online, we ask you to use contactless payment (EC, Master, Visa card or ApplePay) at the box office if possible.
As soon as we are allowed to open the park completely, the regular admission prices will apply again. Your partial opening ticket will not expire! You can simply pay the difference to the regular price directly on site.
What are the rules in the Serengeti Safari?
- Passage is possible with your own car or our double-decker buses (there are no safari specials yet).
- All windows, doors, sunroofs etc must remain closed!
- Feeding or touching the animals is prohibited! (No one can say for sure if and how the virus is transmitted to animals and what effects this may have).
- It’s not allowed to exit the car at the elephants encounter and the footpath into the ivory valley remains closed.
What are the rules in the Jungle Safari?
- The accessible animal enclosures remain closed. The animals can currently only be observed from the outside.
- Please do not touch the animals through the fence: No one can say for sure if and how the virus is transmitted to animals and what effects this may have.
- There will be no show feedings.
Restaurants and bistros
Unfortunately, the restaurant and our bistros will remain closed for the time being. However, there are “to go” offers of snacks and drinks both in the Jungle Safari and as Drive In in the Wild Area Europe and in the Ivory Valley.
Where should masks be worn?
- Masks are compulsory in all enclosed areas (toilets, information, etc)!
- In the Serengeti buses
- At the jungle safari tour
- In the souvenir shop
- Everywhere where it is specially signposted
Which mask do I need?
- According to the extended mask obligation, medical masks (surgical masks, KN/95, N95, FFP2) must be worn!
- For children from 6 to 14 years of age, so-called everyday masks are sufficient.
- According to § 9 paragraph 4 of the Lower Saxony regulation on infection-protective measures against the spread of the corona virus, children up to the age of 6 years are exempt from the mask obligation.
General hygiene rules
- Please keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres from people who do not belong to your household or the permitted group.
- Please cough and sneeze only into the crook of your arm – not into your hands or freely into the air.
- Please wash your hands (and those of your children!) regularly.
Which areas have to remain closed?
- The amusement park incl. all rides and shows.
- The restaurant and all bistros
- The indoor playground
We are happy to accept bookings for the period from 10th May. Changes or cancellations can be made free of charge up to 15 days before departure. After that, you can change your booking once without additional costs if your arrival is not possible at short notice due to the Corona pandemic. In this case, please contact us by email as soon as possible. We will then contact you to find a new date for your holiday with us.
If you have any questions regarding the booking or existing reservations, please contact email@example.com. Due to the high number of inquiries, there may be delays in processing. We ask for your understanding.
If you still have special questions, we are at your disposal under firstname.lastname@example.org or +49 5164 97 990! Please understand that there may be delays in processing your enquiries at present.
This information may change at any time. Status April 20th, 2021